Implant-Supported Dentures in Wheeling, Illinois
What Are Implant-Supported Dentures?
As their name suggests, implant-supported dentures use implants to support full or partial dentures. While traditional dentures sit on top of a person’s gums, those with implant supports are secured in place. This results in a smile that looks and functions naturally.
If you are interested in implant-supported dentures, consult Dr. Daniel Y. Kim, DDS, DICOI. He has been practicing dentistry for 30+ years and can help you determine if implant-supported dentures are the right choice. Schedule a free, one-on-one consultation by reaching out to Northwest Implant Dental Spa today.
What You Need to Know About Implant-Supported Dentures
At Northwest Implant Dental Spa, we have helped numerous people get their smiles back with our implant-supported denture services in Wheeling, IL. While they are often beneficial for those who get them, there are things to consider before moving ahead.
We have you covered with the information you need to know:
Can You Remove Implant-Supported Dentures?
There are removable implant-supported dentures that individuals can take out of their mouths to clean. Other implant-supported dentures are fixed, and only a dentist can remove them.
Fixed implant-supported dentures function like natural teeth and require only some additional cleaning beyond standard brushing. They are ideal for those who have enough jawbone to support the implants.
Removable implant-supported dentures are somewhat bigger than fixed and may feel like traditional dentures. However, they will not move from their fixed position. They are generally the best choice for individuals with significant jawbone loss.
Dental bone grafting could be helpful for those who do not have enough jawbone density or volume for implant-supported dentures but want them.
What Is the Process of Getting Implant Supported Dentures?
The process of getting implant-supported dentures involves three general steps:
- At Northwest Implant Dental Spa, Dr. Kim will examine a patient’s teeth to determine if they are a good candidate for the procedure.
- If so, he will place the implants in the patient’s jawbone and allow time to integrate with the bone.
- Our dental laboratory will produce custom-fit prosthetic teeth for the patient.
- Once the implants have healed, Dr. Kim can attach the prosthetic teeth and make any necessary adjustments.
Who is a Candidate for Implant-Supported Dentures?
- Edentulous Individuals: Those missing most or all of their teeth.
- Desire for Stability: Individuals seeking a secure and stable denture solution.
- Good Oral Health: Healthy gums and adequate bone density for implant support.
- Committed to Oral Hygiene: Individuals willing to maintain proper oral care for implant longevity.
- Stable General Health: Overall health suitable for a surgical procedure.
- Unsatisfied with Traditional Dentures: Individuals looking for a more comfortable and natural-feeling alternative.
- Ability to Heal: Candidates with good healing potential for successful implant integration.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
At Northwest Implant Dental Spa, we have seen many people benefit greatly from implant-supported dentures.
Some of these benefits include:
- Superior Stability: Fixed and removable implant-supported dentures do not move while speaking or eating.
- Improved Comfort: Traditional dentures can be bulky, making gums sore from friction. This does not happen with implant-supported dentures, as they function like real teeth, distributing chewing force across the implants.
- Better Oral Health: The implants can prevent jawbone loss, which is common with traditional dentures.
- Increased Confidence: With implant-supported dentures, individuals can regain their confidence to eat, speak, and smile without worrying about their dentures moving or slipping.
Reach Out to Northwest Implant Dental Spa
For implant-supported dentures in Wheeling, IL, call Northwest Implant Dental Spa. We pride ourselves on providing personalized care for our patients, which includes making the prosthetics and implants they need in-house. To get started on the journey toward restoring your ability to comfortably chew, speak, and smile, reach out today.
Call (847) 750-4555 or send a message online.
When to Get Implant-Supported Dentures?
Like traditional dentures, implant-supported dentures are an option for those who have lost all or most of their teeth. They can be great for individuals who have recently lost teeth or struggled with traditional dentures.
How Long Do Implant-Supported Dentures Last?
The dental implants can last for a lifetime. The dentures can last between 10 and 20 years, but that timeline depends on a person’s needs and dental hygiene. Our Wheeling prosthodontist can help patients understand the lifespan of their implant-supported dentures and how to best care for them.