Are you wondering if it is time for you to have your wisdom teeth surgically removed? Here are three reasons you would need to schedule oral surgery for your wisdom teeth.
Not Enough Room- Depending on the shape of your mouth and teeth alignment, you might not be able to keep your wisdom teeth because your mouth would be too crowded.
Pain- If your wisdom teeth have already grown in and are causing pain in your mouth, it might be time to have oral surgery to remove one or all of your wisdom teeth.
Odd Angle- Your wisdom teeth could be growing at an unusual angle and could affect your other teeth. Sometimes people’s wisdom teeth are angled in the direction of other teeth rather than breaking straight through the gums.
As a dentist in Wheeling, IL, you can come in our office for a visit and we can take a look at your wisdom teeth. If you need to schedule an appointment for surgery, we will work with you to make sure it is at a convenient time for you because you will need someone to bring you in and drive you home. You are unable to operate a vehicle after having your wisdom teeth taken out. You can book a dental exam by calling our office at (847) 629-4875 right now.
People have oral surgery for many reasons, whether it is dental implant work or extracting a tooth. Each procedure requires a different preparation approach, but there are a couple of things that remain the same for all surgeries. Check out three things below you should do to help you prepare for having surgery done in your mouth.
Receive all the Details- If your dentist suggests oral surgery to you, then you should ask for more details. The more you know about the procedure, the better you can prepare for it. You should understand the risks and benefits that are involved in your specific circumstances.
Arrange Transportation- The majority of the time, you will need someone to drive you home. Many people ask family members, friends, and coworkers to give them a ride home after having oral surgery.
Plenty of Rest- It is normal to be restless leading up to surgery, but you should try to get as much sleep as possible.
If you would like additional information about other preparations before oral surgery, you can contact Northwest Implant Dental Spa by calling (847) 629-4875 today. As a dentist in Wheeling, IL, we can schedule an appointment that is convenient for you.
It is imperative to visit the dentist office on a regular basis to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy. Your dentist can detect symptoms of gum disease and other severe conditions early if you regularly visit their office. However, if you are experiencing specific symptoms, you should schedule an appointment as soon as possible instead of waiting for your next appointment.
Persistent Pain- If you are chewing and you are in pain, you should not wait to tell your dentist. There could be many causes of the pain in your mouth like an infection. The longer you wait, the worse it could get.
Dry Mouth- One of the many causes of bad breath is dry mouth. Your teeth can also decay faster if you do not have enough saliva in your mouth.
Bloody Gums- Whether your gums bleed while you are flossing or brushing, you should consult with your dentist because it could be a sign of gum disease.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is vital to call your dentist right away. You can turn to Northwest Implant Dental Spa for all your dental needs. Contact a dentist in Wheeling, IL by calling (847) 629-4875 and we will make an appointment that is at a convenient time for your busy schedule.
The holidays are just around the corner, which means you will be eating a variety of foods that you do not eat all year long. Before you start loading up your plate, it is essential that you assess the available food options to make sure you are making the right choices. Here are some of the foods you should consider avoiding when you sit down for the big meal:
- Cranberry Sauce – Cranberry sauce may be pretty tart overall, but it turns out that this Thanksgiving standard is as sugary as a slice of pumpkin pie. If you plan on watching the amount of sugar you eat, then you may want to avoid this standard.
- Fruitcake – Most of us tend to avoid fruitcake during the holiday season, so if you were looking for another reason to avoid this standard: dried fruit is bad for your teeth! Not only is it covered in sugar, but dried fruit can also get stuck in your teeth and cause damage to your dental work.
- Stuffing – Many of us will stop at nothing to get as much stuffing on our plate as possible. It turns out that this perennial side is high in starch, which quickly turns in to sugar and gets stuck in your teeth.
Once the holidays are over, you should consider making an appointment with your dentist in Wheeling, IL, and the surrounding areas. Dr. Kim and his team at the Northwest Implant Dental Spa are ready to assist you with your needs.
Many people tend to grind their teeth in certain situations, but individuals who do it all the time – including in their sleep – are causing severe damage to their teeth. While seeing a specialist about stress and anxiety that can lead to tooth grinding is essential, as well as cutting down on caffeine and alcohol, you should also consult a dentist. Here are some of the ways teeth grinding can cause damage:
- Breaking and Cracking – When you grind your teeth, you are putting a lot of unnecessary pressure that can cause cracking and eventual breaking. This can cause deeper problems if you already have poor dental hygiene.
- Worn Down Teeth – Over the years, teeth grinding can start to wear teeth down to stumps. When this happens, people will eventually have to start using dentures or look into getting dental implants. If you think you are grinding, you should consult with a dentist as soon as possible.
- Jaw Damage – Not only does grinding hurt your teeth, but it also causes problems with the jaw. Issues include pain in the temporomandibular joint – commonly known as TMJ.
Taking care of your teeth starts with a great dentist in Wheeling, IL. You can count on Dr. Kim and his team at Northwest Implant Dental Spa for exceptional care.
Having access to a dependable dentist is very important. Whether you are seeing a specialist for dental implants or just going to a dentist for a checkup, you want to make sure you are going to a dentist that will provide you with individualized care.
Not all mouths and teeth are alike, so it’s vital that you speak with a dentist that will go over your individual needs before working with you. When you visit Dr. Daniel Y. Kim, you can rest assured that you will receive exceptional, up-to-date dental assistance. He has been providing implants for more than 25 years, offering individualized services for people that other dentists may not accept. Furthermore, he has a team working with him, helping you restore your smile and maintain a happy and healthy mouth.
Finding a permanent solution to gaps in your smile starts with a free consultation with Dr. Kim. He takes the time to review your individual case and discuss his many implant options, such as crowns, veneers, bridges, and other additional procedures. When you are seeking a dentist in Wheeling, IL, and the Chicagoland area, you can contact the Northwest Implant Dental Spa at (847) 629-4875 to make an appointment.
Maintaining daily home care for your teeth and gums impacts more than just your appearance. The links between healthy gums and certain diseases are more evident today than ever before. Regular brushing and flossing keep the spread of bacteria under control. Otherwise, bacteria can cause infections that lower the body’s resistance to such serious illnesses as diabetes, stroke, and heart disease. Bacterial infections that are rooted in the mouth also affect arthritis and respiratory illnesses, which can be caused by bacteria in the air passages.
A most knowledgeable dentist in Wheeling, IL, at Northwest Implant Dental Spa understands the consequences poor oral hygiene has on the body. The exact amount of influence mouth diseases have on the immune system is not known. However, many people make no connection between their oral health and the total wellness of their bodies.
Keep the bacteria in your mouth at normal levels by brushing twice a day and flossing after meals. A small amount of naturally occurring bacteria does not cause any problems if your oral healthcare continues to be ideal. The same applies to the plaque buildup on your teeth. Preventing plaque from building up on your teeth helps ensure that it won’t be able to travel and settle in the arteries of the heart. The evidence is growing that there is a connection between gum disease and heart disease. Additionally, it’s important to keep up with regular six-month cleanings.
Are you in need of a crown? Before you start the process, it’s important to learn more about the materials used for these dental implants:
- Cubic Zirconia – Many people prefer cubic zirconia for their crowns as it is stronger than porcelain and looks better than gold implants. Crowns from this material are made from a digital scan, which means we can be very accurate when placing it in on your tooth. Please note that people with metal sensitivities often have issues with these crowns.
- Gold – Gold is the standard for many people getting crowns. It is durable, lasts for a long time, and is gentle when it used amongst other teeth. Perhaps the biggest drawback of gold crowns is that it is very obvious that the tooth has been missing.
- Porcelain – When you are seeking a crown that looks more like the other teeth in your mouth, porcelain is right for the job. Porcelain crowns are ideal for people who have issues with metal in their mouth and are less sensitive to hot or cold temperatures.
For more than 25 years, Dr. Daniel Y. Kim has been doing crowns and bridges for people throughout the area. When people are looking for a talented dentist in Wheeling, IL, they can rest assured that Dr. Kim and his team are able to assist you.