Has your dentist ever sent you over to a prosthodontist? If so, you may be wondering what a prosthodontist is and what they do! Most simply, a typical prosthodontist is an expert in the restoration and replacement of teeth. Unlike regular dentists, these specialists spend an extra three years getting specialized training from an American Dental Association program. While there they study the following:
- Tooth Replacement – Whether through an accident or general aging, a prosthodontist can help you replace your missing teeth. These replacements include crowns, bridges, and partial dentures, as well as full dental implants.
- Complex Care Services – If you have suffered from an injury where you lost your teeth or have a genetic defect that prevents your teeth from growing properly, a prosthodontist is able to assist you.
- Cosmetic Care – Having damaged teeth doesn’t mean that you need full replacements. A prosthodontist will be able to assist you with veneers, bleaching, and tooth capping to help you improve your smile and give you more confidence.
Dr. Daniel Y. Kim, an amazing prosthodontist in Wheeling, IL, is available to assist you at the Northwest Dental Implant Spa. Contact us today when you are looking for care in the Chicagoland area.
There are numerous methods to improve an individual’s smile, as well as to improve his or her ability to eat, chew, and speak. From teeth whitening to porcelain veneer tooth restoration methods are extremely prevalent from general dentists as well as those who specialize in mouth reconstruction dentistry.
When the goal is to optimize the health of one’s entire mouth, some patients need more than one procedure. They may require restorative dentistry for a permanent solution to improve their teeth, gums, and bite. Full mouth restoration using a combination of methods may even be necessary to replace every tooth in a patient’s mouth, including upper and lower teeth.
Two of the most commonly performed procedures in full dental restoration refers to the number of dental implants used to replace damaged or missing teeth:
- All-on-Four: Considered one of the best solutions for “full-arch treatment” the patient receives four dental implants that offer full functionality in 3 to 6 months.
- All-on-Six: This procedure replaces the teeth in the upper or lower jaw with a bridge supported by six dental implants.
Take advantage of a free consultation on full mouth restoration from a reputable prosthodontist in Wheeling, IL at Northwest Implant Dental Spa. Contact us to find out about whether you are a good candidate for this individualized treatment. With help from the right dentist in Chicago, you can have healthy teeth, gums, and a proper bite. Improve your quality of life and feel confident in your smile at the same time.
Do you have multiple problems with your teeth and gums? If the answer is yes, you may be the perfect candidate for full mouth restoration services. This is a fantastic option for people who are not interested in dentures.
Typically, people with multiple missing teeth, teeth with a lot of fillings and decay, and teeth that have been worn down due to constant grinding are great candidates for this process. When it comes to the standard restorations, all-on-four and all-on-six implants are put in your gums to anchor prosthetic teeth to your gums. Overall, the all-on-six process works best, as it gives the crowns a sturdy anchor. Many people prefer this process over getting dentures, as dentures are often uncomfortable, tend to fall out, and require both repairs and re-fittings ever few years. With your prosthetic teeth, you’ll be able to smile and chew with complete confidence.
Are you interested in learning more about full mouth restorations? Dr. Daniel Kim of the Northwest Implant Dental Spa is available to meet with you and discuss your needs. As dedicated and experienced prosthodontist in Wheeling, IL, he is able to provide you with the latest advancements in the field of restorative dentistry.