Are you getting ready to take a trip for the holidays? Whether you are planning on visiting family out of the state or just planning on going on that big trip out of the country, it is essential to see your dentist before your trip. Anyone who has ever found themselves away from home and dealing with dental pain will tell you that you do not want to take the risk before leaving. You do not want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere without a dentist!
When you visit the dentist, they are able to do a checkup, making sure that you do not have any issues related to cavities, loose teeth, or problems with your dental implants. You should also plan on taking care of any dental problems that you have been putting off for another day. Additionally, they will be able to spot any issues you have that you did not know about ahead of time.
When you need dental implants in Chicago, you can trust Dr. Daniel Kim and his team at the Northwest Implant Dental Spa. Dr. Kim is dedicated to providing a wide array of dental services, including surgery, crowns and bridges, full mouth restorations, and more.
Sitting down and enjoying a meal is a luxury that every person can enjoy – that is unless they have issues with their teeth. When you have trouble chewing, experiencing pain every time you take a bite, you should contact a professional to help you with mouth reconstruction services. With a little help, you will be able to get back to enjoying your favorite foods whenever you would like.
There are many reasons why you may be having pain when you eat. It could be as simple as sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures or as complicated as damage to the root of the tooth. Other issues that may cause pain include oral infections, teeth moving around, or cavities. When you come to see a mouth restoration professional, you will be able to receive crowns and dental surgery, as well as dental implants that are able to anchor prosthetic teeth properly.
Dr. Daniel Kim of the Northwest Implant Dental Spa is ready and willing to assist you with mouth restoration services. If other dentists have told you that you are not a good candidate for these services because of bone or tissue problems, Dr. Kim is willing to take a look at your teeth and offer you solutions.
Many people tend to grind their teeth in certain situations, but individuals who do it all the time – including in their sleep – are causing severe damage to their teeth. While seeing a specialist about stress and anxiety that can lead to tooth grinding is essential, as well as cutting down on caffeine and alcohol, you should also consult a dentist. Here are some of the ways teeth grinding can cause damage:
- Breaking and Cracking – When you grind your teeth, you are putting a lot of unnecessary pressure that can cause cracking and eventual breaking. This can cause deeper problems if you already have poor dental hygiene.
- Worn Down Teeth – Over the years, teeth grinding can start to wear teeth down to stumps. When this happens, people will eventually have to start using dentures or look into getting dental implants. If you think you are grinding, you should consult with a dentist as soon as possible.
- Jaw Damage – Not only does grinding hurt your teeth, but it also causes problems with the jaw. Issues include pain in the temporomandibular joint – commonly known as TMJ.
Taking care of your teeth starts with a great dentist in Wheeling, IL. You can count on Dr. Kim and his team at Northwest Implant Dental Spa for exceptional care.
Having access to a dependable dentist is very important. Whether you are seeing a specialist for dental implants or just going to a dentist for a checkup, you want to make sure you are going to a dentist that will provide you with individualized care.
Not all mouths and teeth are alike, so it’s vital that you speak with a dentist that will go over your individual needs before working with you. When you visit Dr. Daniel Y. Kim, you can rest assured that you will receive exceptional, up-to-date dental assistance. He has been providing implants for more than 25 years, offering individualized services for people that other dentists may not accept. Furthermore, he has a team working with him, helping you restore your smile and maintain a happy and healthy mouth.
Finding a permanent solution to gaps in your smile starts with a free consultation with Dr. Kim. He takes the time to review your individual case and discuss his many implant options, such as crowns, veneers, bridges, and other additional procedures. When you are seeking a dentist in Wheeling, IL, and the Chicagoland area, you can contact the Northwest Implant Dental Spa at (847) 629-4875 to make an appointment.
Halloween is just around the corner, which means you will most likely have access to a vast array of candies. Before you reach into that bowl for the trick-or-treaters or accept that candy at a work event, you should take pause – this candy can cause severe damage to your teeth. Here are few of the worst culprits:
- Gummy Candies – When you eat gummy candies, they tend to stick to your teeth. If you are not brushing your teeth directly after you eat, then you can be sure that bacteria that causes cavities is working hard on your teeth.
- Jawbreakers – The name itself should be a warning to anyone who has issues with their teeth. These big hard candies can actually break your teeth. Furthermore, they tend to sit in your mouth much longer than other candy, which means you are letting sugar linger in your mouth.
- Sour Candy – Did you know that sour candies are highly acidic? If you do not brush your teeth after eating sour sweets, you are letting the acids break down the enamel in your teeth.
Taking care of your teeth means being knowledgeable about what you put into your body. Dr. Daniel Kim, a talented surgical dentist in Wheeling, IL, is available to help you take care of your teeth.
Taking care of your teeth means being vigilant about the things you put in your body. There are many drinks out there that can cause problems or exacerbate existing issues – sugary drinks being the biggest culprits. Here are some of the drinks that are bad for your teeth:
- Alcohol – You may not realize it, but most alcohol has a lot of sugar in it, which is naturally bad for your teeth. Additionally, alcohol will reduce the saliva production in your mouth, which will damage your tooth enamel.
- Coffee and Tea – Coffee and tea themselves are not necessarily bad for your teeth, but they can cause staining. When you are working hard to make sure that your teeth are shining and bright, then you should avoid these beverages.
- Citrus Drinks – Orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemonade, and other citrus beverages do have certain health benefits, but when it comes to your teeth, they can cause issues. The acidity of these beverages is not good for your tooth enamel.
When you have tooth issues and need assistance, you can trust the team at the Northwest Implant Dental Spa. Our dentist in Wheeling, IL, provides a wide array of services throughout the Chicagoland area, specializing in full mouth restoration services.
Has your dentist ever sent you over to a prosthodontist? If so, you may be wondering what a prosthodontist is and what they do! Most simply, a typical prosthodontist is an expert in the restoration and replacement of teeth. Unlike regular dentists, these specialists spend an extra three years getting specialized training from an American Dental Association program. While there they study the following:
- Tooth Replacement – Whether through an accident or general aging, a prosthodontist can help you replace your missing teeth. These replacements include crowns, bridges, and partial dentures, as well as full dental implants.
- Complex Care Services – If you have suffered from an injury where you lost your teeth or have a genetic defect that prevents your teeth from growing properly, a prosthodontist is able to assist you.
- Cosmetic Care – Having damaged teeth doesn’t mean that you need full replacements. A prosthodontist will be able to assist you with veneers, bleaching, and tooth capping to help you improve your smile and give you more confidence.
Dr. Daniel Y. Kim, an amazing prosthodontist in Wheeling, IL, is available to assist you at the Northwest Dental Implant Spa. Contact us today when you are looking for care in the Chicagoland area.
Keeping your smile beautiful starts with being mindful about what you put into your mouth. Here are some of the foods that can damage your teeth:
- Sticky Foods – Any foods that are sticky, such as candy and dried fruit, can cause a lot of damage to your teeth. Unless you brush and floss directly after eating something sticky, the food will stick to your teeth and stay there for much longer than other foods.
- Corn on the Cob – It doesn’t matter if you are at a cookout in the summer or sitting down to a meal at your favorite barbecue restaurant, you should avoid eating corn on the cob. Corn on its own is fine to eat, but biting down on the cob has been shown to crack filings, dislodge dentures, and ruin sealants.
- Potato Chips – Chips may seem like a snack that should be okay to eat – at least in regard to your teeth – but the reality is that chip particles break up and tend to get stuck in your teeth. When stuck for a long period of time, the particles turn into acid-producing bacteria that cause tooth decay.
One of the best things you can do for your teeth is see the dentist at the Northwest Implant Dental Spa. It doesn’t matter if you are seeking a surgical dentist in Wheeling, IL, or are searching for a general dentist, Dr. Daniel Y. Kim has more than 25 years of experience providing unparalleled dental care.
Have you lost teeth due to decay, illness, or trauma? Has your tooth loss affected your confidence when you smile, speak, and eat? An experienced dentist at Northwest Implant Dental Spa specializes in Chicago dental implants to increase the quality of life for his patients.
Rely on a skilled professional to close up the empty spaces in your mouth. Dental implants function just like natural teeth. They provide a permanent solution to missing or badly damaged teeth. Some of the many advantages of dental implants include:
- Improved Appearance
- Better Speaking Capability
- Enhanced Eating Experience
- Bolstered Self-Esteem
- Improvement of Overall Oral Health
You can trust a dental professional who has improved the lives of countless patients using dental implants. Be sure to discuss the materials available that form the implants to be used to secure the crown. Some of the most advanced materials include cubic zirconia, porcelain, and stainless steel.
Schedule an appointment at Northwest Implant Dental Spa for a free consultation to discover if you can benefit from dental implants. The practice’s leading dentist—Dr. Kim—is a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (DICOI). His experience spans nearly three decades. He has helped many patients throughout Chicagoland regain the quality of life they sought.
There are numerous methods to improve an individual’s smile, as well as to improve his or her ability to eat, chew, and speak. From teeth whitening to porcelain veneer tooth restoration methods are extremely prevalent from general dentists as well as those who specialize in mouth reconstruction dentistry.
When the goal is to optimize the health of one’s entire mouth, some patients need more than one procedure. They may require restorative dentistry for a permanent solution to improve their teeth, gums, and bite. Full mouth restoration using a combination of methods may even be necessary to replace every tooth in a patient’s mouth, including upper and lower teeth.
Two of the most commonly performed procedures in full dental restoration refers to the number of dental implants used to replace damaged or missing teeth:
- All-on-Four: Considered one of the best solutions for “full-arch treatment” the patient receives four dental implants that offer full functionality in 3 to 6 months.
- All-on-Six: This procedure replaces the teeth in the upper or lower jaw with a bridge supported by six dental implants.
Take advantage of a free consultation on full mouth restoration from a reputable prosthodontist in Wheeling, IL at Northwest Implant Dental Spa. Contact us to find out about whether you are a good candidate for this individualized treatment. With help from the right dentist in Chicago, you can have healthy teeth, gums, and a proper bite. Improve your quality of life and feel confident in your smile at the same time.